Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Greetings!

In all my years of being in ministry I am doing something new today... I must confess this is my first blog. For weeks I've been mulling over ideas on what to say and how to say it; because again, I'm a beginner in this world of blogging, instant messaging, iPods, and just about 'virual' anything and everything.

Getting past my struggle with technology, I am very excited to have a forum to discuss matters of Christianity and the Church worldwide with you. Please feel free to ask questions or comment to anything you find here - it can be directed to other readers or myself.

In ministry and personally, we have been so blessed. I truly don't understand God's goodness in this, but so often, we find ourselves on the front row of world events and breaking events relating to the church.

For example, only a few weeks ago I was in Havana for President Fidel Castro's last day in office and we, along with Christian leaders waited with baited breath to hear if in fact his brother, Raul, would be named President. He was of course, and now we look to the effect on the country but especially on the Church. I was honored and amazed to remember that only 10 years ago at the Cuban Evangelical Celebration in Havana, I practically stood in the same spot - only that time I was just a few feet from this now, former President. Being in the same spot while both of those marked national events transpired has caused me to again be amazed at the steps the Lord has ordered for my imperfect feet. Why the Lord has chosen me to be here - for this time, I cannot say exactly. But I can affirm that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. (Taken from Ephesians 3:20, NIV).

Now we turn our sights to China regarding the Olympics and the heated persecution there. I am working on my next entry regarding these issues, I hope you will stay tuned!